Wednesday 30 December 2009

Lighten Up!

After more than a year of not blogging, I have decided that part of the problem is that I need to lighten up! The longer I live here in Japan the more I realise that I can only ever have an understanding of this beautiful and contradictory country from the outside and that my impressions are forever based in my foreignism. I so don't want to propagate misinformation due to my only surface-understandings of the people and the things I see around me and when the culture is so deep, rich and complex it seems as if I could only ever dip a toe into the surface of it while the depths range far below. So rather than worrying about not getting things right, I'll give my dipped-toe impressions of this place I love so much and hope that I'm not too far off the mark!

2 comments:

Susan B said...

Phee, I am so glad that you have resumed your beautiful blog. And even though you may not always get it "right", your love and appreciation for our fantastic country shines through. Keep up the good work. I'll be looking forward to more. Susan

Fi said...

Thanks! I appreciate your words and support... I'll do my best!